Perugia

Perugia

martedì 7 settembre 2010

Three days of creepers (this is going to take a few posts)

So I am definitely making up for lost time with the amount of creepers I've met the past few days. Sunday night. Picture it. My cousin Anne Eliz and I got to get some gelato, and we are eating it on the steps of the duomo, talking about how excited we both are for the first day of school the next day. These Americans approach us to have us take their picture, and we end up chatting with them for like 3 hours. They were two married couples on vacation for two weeks in Italy, and we gave them a lot of suggestions for sites to see in Florence, and in exchange they gave me wine, a fair trade. So while I'm chatting with these people, this group of three young Italian guys come up and sit down next to us. Of course they say ciao to me and ask me where I'm from. One came from Naples, one came from Sicily, and the other came from Calabria. I knew this was bad news. So I'm chatting with them, and they asked me if I give English lessons, and I say I could. Then, one of them asks me who my cousin is, and Annie turns to me and says "tll the one in the middle he's cute". So I do and he asks me to ask her if she wants to go on a walk with him. I play messenger, and she says no because she is wearing gym shorts and not dressed appropriately. I tell him this and he says (loose translation) "that's okay, they are easier for me to pull off of her". I just ignored the comment and turned back to the American couples and they eventually left. While all this was going on, I got a call from Franco, my little mechanic boyfriend from the day before. He asks me if I want to go out with him that night, and I told him I was at the duomo with my cousin. He asks me if I can stay there until midnight and then go out with him, and I told him no because I had school the next day. He told me that shouldn't matter and that he wants to show me "a good time". I decided by that point it was definitely time to go home and get ready for school.
Stay tuned for more stories of creepy Italians from this week in a bit!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento