Perugia

Perugia

mercoledì 1 settembre 2010

The First week in Review...

So I have now been in Florence for a week and I think I would rate it an A. I had my dad here with me for the majority of the time, which was great because I had someone to hang out with since the only people I know so far are my landlord, this creepy old man named Domenico who works at an exchange center and made a list of things I need to teach my students, and the Italian department at LdM. Now that he's gone though, I've had the opportunity to settle in to the idea of truly living on my own. Which is a bit lonely so far, but going fine. I kind of feel like a housewife at the moment. I wake up, run my errands, prepare my lunch, watch my Italian soap opera, take a walk, cook dinner, and either read or watch a movie. Pretty boring, except for my soap opera. For real, this is better than any American soap opera. It's called "Capri, La Terza Stagione" and it's all about these people who work in the tourism industry on Capri and all of their love triangles and family issues. I now have plans for every afternoon this week, since I start my job on Monday (finally).
The only things I have to complain about so far are 1) the mosquitos (I have never had so many bug-bites in my life) 2) men who don't wear deoderant ( it waftes after them and totally makes me gag). Other than that, life's a bit quiet, but I' sure it will start picking up soon.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento