Perugia

Perugia

giovedì 26 agosto 2010

A Firenze

Ciao a tutti!

I arrived in Florence Tuesday morning and my dad and I got to my apartment no problem from the airport. Let me just say, thank you to everyone at UNC who has kept this apartment in the family! I don't think I am ever going to want to leave it. I will post pictures of it soon. Let me just say the apartment is twice the size of my ghetto Chapel Hill one, a billion times nicer, and I have my own garden, with a grape vine and a tree that may grow fruit. The only downside is the mosquitos here are bad, but I can totally deal with that.
The first day here my dad and I pretty much slept the entire day because we really didn't sleep on our flight. My landlord came by to introduce himself, and he is such a nice gentleman, pretty much the complete opposite of Ted, my shady landlord last year. Day two was my first meeting at Lorenzo de'Medici, so I mainly just hung out around the school until it started, seeing as my dad and I didn't wake up until almost noon. The teachers and staff I met were very nice, and I look forward to meeting more people and getting my school life situated. Classes don't start until the 6th of September, but I have to work on my dreaded "permesso di soggiorno" this week, which requires me to register with the Italian police, so that should be fun. Today my dad and I managed to set up internet, order a cell phone, take a 2 hour sight-seeing trip, and eat the most humungous dinner at Trattoria Anita (that was for you Marina, great suggestion!). Got to skype my family for the first time today, and will hopefully skype more people soon.
Will update when more exciting things happen in my life. A presto,

Kate

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento