Perugia

Perugia

lunedì 11 ottobre 2010

Finally feeling settled in...

I have now been in Florence for a month and a half and life is starting to take on a real routine. I have been busy as a bee with school, between teaching and private tutoring. I've also been giving English lessons and having a language exchange of my own, so I pretty much spend the majority of my days teaching. Good thing I enjoy what I do! What has really made me feel like a resident of Florence is forming friendships in the city. This weekend I had two nights of guests at my apartment, drinks on Saturday night and a wonderful dinner party on Sunday. You would not believe the feast that my friend Charlie cooked last night! Chicken and pasta with all these fancy home-made sauces, wine a plenty, bread, cheese, roasted chestnuts, fresh Italian olives, etc. Buon appettito per noi! The dinner party at my place last night totally reminded me of all the ROML potlucks my friends at Chapel Hill and I have had over the past two years. I can't wait to have more nights filled with friends, good food, and good wine.
Also, my wonderful boyfriend Andy arrived in Florence this week! It is such a relief to have him here safe and sound with me. I am so excited to no longer have to skype with him in the middle of the night and to have someone to hang out with when I come home from work. I definitely feel more settled with my boo now, doing normal everyday things like going to the Billa to pick up bread or searching for guitars and shoes for Andy. I'm definitely content with my life at the moment and can't wait for all the upcoming adventures with friends and loved ones coming up this month!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento